Coalition Hub for Advancing Redistricting & Grassroots Engagement: Providing grassroots organizers the tools and information they need to engage in the redistricting process and fight for fair representation for marginalized communities.
Resources and Announcements
- SCSJ, Common Cause brief makes case against North Carolina’s racially discriminatory maps. Oral arguments to take place efore the NC Supreme Court on Feb. 2 at 9:30 AM ET. Learn more and read the brief here.
- The California Citizens Redistricting Commission has created a new document entitled “Questions About New Maps,” which is an updated FAQ for the public. Learn more and read the document here.
- Hawaii adopted final congressional and state legislative maps on 1/28/2022. View the maps here under “Redistricting Plans.”
- Black and Latino voters have been shortchanged in redistricting, advocates and some judges say. Washington Post. January 25, 2022.
- The Surge: Redistricting Edition. Slate. January 29, 2022.
Alabama: Alabama asks Supreme Court to intervene in congressional redistricting dispute. CNN. January 28, 2022.
Georgia: Judge rejects Georgia’s attempts to dismiss redistricting lawsuits. Atlanta Journal-Constitution. January 28, 2022.
Louisiana: Our Views: Three weeks of pure, and perhaps ugly, politics ahead in redistrict special session. The Advocate. January 30, 2022.
Maryland: House of Delegates Gives Final Approval To Legislative Redistricting Plan. Maryland Matters. January 27, 2022.
Michigan: Groups to challenge partisan fairness of Michigan House map. Associated Press. January 27, 2022.
Nebraska: Nebraska's redistricting maps finalized for now, but Unicameral's methods still questioned. KMTV. January 28, 2022.
New Jersey: Sweeney sues after being ousted from redistricting commission, says move was ‘unilateral and unlawful’. NJ.com January 31, 2022.
New York: N.Y. Democrats Could Gain 3 House Seats Under Proposed District Lines. New York Times.
North Carolina: N. Carolina governor vetoes GOP bill pushing primary to June. Associated Press. January 27, 2022.
Ohio: Ohio Redistricting Commission responds to objections to legislative maps. Spectrum 1 News. January 28, 2022.
Tennessee: Opinion: Republicans ‘Have Chosen to Wreck the Nashville District’. New York Times. January 31, 2022.
Texas: Texas violated voting rights law during redistricting, retiring state GOP senator says in sworn court statement. The Texas Tribune. January 26, 2022.
Call for submissions
- Have any information, resources, trainings, or opportunities you want to share in this newsletter? Just fill out this form! Note that content must be submitted by noon ET on Monday in order to be sent out in the Monday newsletter, and that publication of your content in this newsletter is subject to the moderator’s approval.