Coalition Hub for Advancing Redistricting & Grassroots Engagement: Providing grassroots organizers the tools and information they need to engage in the redistricting process and fight for fair representation for marginalized communities.
Trainings and Events
- The New Mexico Citizen Redistricting Committee invites you to participate in the redistricting process. They will hold seven meetings from August 2 to August 12 that are open to the public. Find meeting dates, times, and details here.
- Join Colorado Common Cause as we walk you through the ins and outs of community redistricting, how to view and evaluate the preliminary maps, and how to provide your feedback to the commissions. These sessions will be held weekly on Mondays at 7pm and Thursdays at noon through the end of August. Find the hearing closest to you on the Commission Hearing Schedule and choose the Zoom session that works best for you! RSVP to receive the call-in details. Sessions will be held on August 2 at 7:00 pm MT, August 5 at noon MT, August 9 at 7:00 pm MT, August 12 at noon MT, August 16 at 7:00 pm MT, August 19 at noon MT, and August 23 at 7:00 pm MT.
- Mapping Mondays and Testimony Thursdays with Fair Count in Georgia! Come join us on Mondays and Thursdays at 7pm ET to learn about redistricting and how to make sure your voice is heard in the redistricting process! On Mondays we will focus on drawing community maps and on Thursdays we will help you build out testimony for redistricting public hearings. Register for Mapping Mondays here and Testimony Thursdays here.
- Fair Districts Ohio is hosting a webinar "Redistricting: Prepping for Public Hearings" on August 3 at 7:00pm. Register here.
- Common Cause Pennsylvania is hosting office hours for anyone who has already received training on Districtr and community mapping in Pennsylvania to come and ask questions, practice drawing community maps, and connect with other mappers and trainers. If you are interested in becoming a community mapper in Pennsylvania, email Khalif Ali at email@example.com. Office hours will take place at noon ET on Aug 6, Aug 13, Aug 20, Aug 27, Sep 3, and Sep 10. Register here.
- The Ohio Council of Churches is hosting a webinar "Bring the Power Back to the People: Map Drawing and Redistricting Reform" on August 10 at 7:00pm. Learn more here.
- Fair Districts Ohio is hosting "Drawing the Lines: A Forum on Community Mapping in Northeast Ohio" on August 10 at 7:00pm. Register here.
- In 2011, Wisconsin state legislative and congressional districts fell victim to one of the most partisan gerrymanders of any state in the nation. Can we adopt a redistricting process that is non-partisan, fair, and puts voters before politicians? And what does the redistricting process, now underway, look like? Common Cause Wisconsin invites you to a statewide webinar on Aug 17, 2021 at 06:00 PM Central Time that features leading state legislative reform leaders, policy and legal experts and you -- for a lively 90 minutes of interesting discussion and your questions. Free and open to the public. Register here.
Alaska: Huntsville City Council and School Board discuss redistricting. WHNT July 30, 2021.
Arizona: Redistricting Commission sets listening sessions. Mohave Valley Daily News. July 27, 2021.
Arkansas: MH to host public meeting on redistricting Tuesday night. KTLO. August 2, 2021.
- Long Beach Redistricting Commission process relies on communities of interest. California News Times. July 29, 2021.
- Napa to begin months-long redistricting process. Napa Valley Register. July 31, 2021.
- Redistricting workshop to take place at Kern County Board of Supervisors Chambers Saturday. 23ABC News. July 30, 2021.
- Denver Launching City Council Redistricting Process. Westword. July 30, 2021.
- Proposed legislative, congressional redistricting could affect Latino representation. The Post Independent. July 31, 2021.
Georgia: How Georgia’s redistricting process falls short on transparency. The Current. July 30, 2021.
Indiana: Warren County Supervisors to Discuss Redistricting Committee. KNIA-KRLS. August 1, 2021.
Maryland: Prince George's Residents Urge Redistricting Commission To Keep Communities Whole. Patch. July 30, 2021.
Minnesota: Communities of color want a voice in Minnesota redistricting. Sahan Journal. July 20, 2021.
New Jersey: No consensus on congressional redistricting tiebreaker, parties say. New Jersey Globe. August 1, 2021.
New York: Independent Redistricting Commission of New York State will hold public meeting on August 2nd. Carmel’s Hamlethub. July 31, 2021.
South Carolina: SC Senate, House redistricting meetings planned. WIS. August 1, 2021.
Tennessee: New Metro website wants your input as redistricting process begins. News Channel 5. July 27, 2021.
Washington: Redistricting committee holding public info session Thursday. The Spokesman-Review. August 2, 2021.
- Equal Ground (FL) is hiring for their Redistricting Fellowship Program! This is a remote position in which Fellows will execute an individualized redistricting plan and goals by the completion of the fellowship, educate their region on the redistricting process and intervention points, and serve as a redistricting process monitor via pre-recorded and live trainings. Multiple positions are available. To apply click here!
- The City of Brentwood in Contra Costa County (CA) is accepting applications until August 2 for its hybrid redistricting commission. Apply here.
- The County of Mendocino (CA) is seeking applicants for its Community-Based Advisory Redistricting Commission. Applications are due August 6. Apply here.
Call for submissions
- Have any information, resources, trainings, or opportunities you want to share in this newsletter? Just fill out this form! Note that content must be submitted by 5 pm ET on Friday in order to be sent out in the Monday newsletter, and that publication of your content in this newsletter is subject to the moderator’s approval.