Coalition Hub for Advancing Redistricting & Grassroots Engagement: Providing grassroots organizers the tools and information they need to engage in the redistricting process and fight for fair representation for marginalized communities.
- Subtle Dig of the Week: “LaRose, who is not a lawyer, said in the recording his fellow Republican ‘violated her oath of office by making up what she wants the law to say instead of interpreting what it actually says.’” LaRose would ‘be fine with’ chief justice’s impeachment over redistricting rulings. Ohio Capital Journal. April 1, 2022.
- Florida: State says Florida’s redistricting case should be put on hold. News 4 Jax. April 3, 2022.
- Kansas: 'Map Battle' Continues: Kansas goes to court over redistricting. KMBC News. Apri 3, 2022.
- Louisiana: Law firm has charged Louisiana Legislature $78,000 for ‘redistricting advice’ so far. Shreveport Times. April 3, 2022.
- Maryland: Democrats suffer rare court losses in redistricting battles. April 2, 2022.
- Missouri: Prop R could change who creates St. Louis City’s redistricting plan. Fox 2 Now. April 4, 2022.
- New York: New York judge strikes down state's new redistricting maps in loss for Democrats. NBC News. March 31, 2022.
- Ohio: Objectors: Changes to legislative maps ‘cosmetic’ at best. Ohio Capital Journal. April 4, 2022.
- Texas: Texas is quietly using redistricting lawsuits to launch a broader war against federal voting rights law. Texas Tribune. April 4, 2022.
LatinoJustice is seeking an Advocate Coordinator for Voting Rights; and Senior Counsel for Voting Rights. Please check out the career page on LatinoJustice PRLDEF’s website for more information.